First Week on the Mineraluxe System
1. Add Mineraluxe CUBE: Add two Mineraluxe CUBES for tubs up to 500 Gallons. If your hot tub is heavily used or greater than 500 Gallons, check with your retailer for an adjusted application rate. Just drop the Mineraluxe CUBE(S) right into the skimmer basket. If you don’t have a skimmer, just drop the cube into the foot well near the drain. Mineraluxe CUBES dissolve quickly (you’ll see some cool fizzing action) and will not harm surfaces.
2. Add the contents of one pouch of Mineraluxe OXYGEN per 300 Gallons of water. Mineraluxe OXYGEN can be added immediately after the addition of the Mineraluxe CUBES. Turn the high speed jets on for 15 minutes to thoroughly disperse the OXYGEN throughout the tub. Make sure to leave the cover off to allow the impurities in the water to gas off!
3. Balance the hot tub water. Your Mineraluxe Retailer can help you get your water’s Total Alkalinity, pH and Calcium Hardness within the acceptable ranges.
4. Establish a bromine or chlorine residual of 3 – 5 ppm. Healthy hot tub water is properly sanitized. One important benefit of the Mineraluxe System is the ability to significantly reduce the amount of bromine or chlorine sanitizer required to maintain 3.0 – 5.0 ppm continuously. Periodic testing, especially for the first few weeks, will allow you to adjust your sanitizer dosage to best achieve a continuous recommended level.
5. Clean filter: 3 – 5 days after starting the Mineraluxe System, thoroughly deep cleanse the filter cartridge(s) with Mineraluxe Filter Revive. For best results, add product to hot water. Ask your retailer for a Mineraluxe Filter Cleaning Process checklist.